Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bridal Shower

I made this card for a friend at work that is going to a bridal shower on Saturday. She wanted the colors to be bright pink, black and white and the only instructions she gave me were to make it sassy. I hope I achieved that effect. I did emboss the heart from Time Well Spent with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and used several dimensionals throughout the main image. The small black panel underneath the main image has been punched with half of the 1/2" circle punch on each end and then the organdy ribbon wrapped around it. I think I did OK with the ribbon after getting instructions from the ribbon tying queen, Nancy Riley. Go check out her blog and you'll see all her beautiful ribbon tying, along with some beautiful cards, first hand. TFL!!
Stamps: Time Well Spent, Polka Dots and Paisley; Paper: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink: Basic Black, Versamark; Accessories: Brads, Organdy Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Basic Black Marker, Punches - Word Window, 1/2" Circle, 1-3/8" Circle, 1/4" Circle, Marvy Giga Scallop Circle, Coluzzle Cutting System, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.

7 comments:

Jamie Tyson said...

I like how you did the ribbon around the middle using the circle punch. It gives a little extra depth and more room for the awesome bow. I really need to watch the bow-tying videos that are out there on the blogs. I would definitely consider this card SASSY! Mission Completed.

Dawn Easton said...

Wow Pam! This is so pretty! I rarely pull out Pink Passion but I think I'll need to do that soon! Love the center panel and all the layers!! Fantastic!
Can you believe I haven't mounted that new set yet??? What am I thinking?!

Nancy Riley said...

AWESOME card, Pam!!! PERFECTION! You give me WAY too much credit ... Ribbon Tying Queen???? I'm always complaining about the way my ribbon looks but have discovered some tricks from other talented stampers!

Melissa said...

Fab-u-lous! This is my favorite sample so far!

Unknown said...

L-O-V-E IT! i do believe you achieved the "sassy" factor here! this is absolutely fabulous!

Anonymous said...

This card is soooo cute. You diffiently made it look sassy. Great Job!

Heidi said...

This is Sassy with a capital S!!! I love all of the layers and the polka dots! The sparkles and bling look perfect too!