Saturday, July 5, 2008

Bella Rose Monkey


Here is another card using my new Toys. I used 4 different patterns from the new Bella Rose designer paper on it. Yes, I love that paper. I paper pieced the monkey with a piece of the Pink Pirouette designer paper from the pack. I paper pieced the balloons with another piece. I made the 2 scallop pieces with the new scallop border punch, love it. There are 2 background pieces on the card. The Riding Hood Red pieced has the corners punched with the ticket corner punch but the Kiwi Kiss designer piece on top of it is not punched on the corners. Doesn't it look cute that way? I drew the strings for the balloons.

This card is dedicated to my great friend Janet. She told me there was no way she was going to like this Sock Monkey set. She said she hated it. Well, Janet, what do you think now?

Hope the rest of your Holiday weekend is great. Thanks for looking!!

Pam

10 comments:

Unknown said...

are you kidding me? janet didn't like this? it was one of the only sets (along with dreams du jour) that i actually liked enough to purchase. were you as underwhelmed as i was with our selection?

she is going to love it after seeing this card, pam! you've done another amazing job!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE!!!

I can't wait to get my sock monkey set in the mail!!!!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Pam, I hate to tell you this, but I'm with Janet on this one. The sock monkey gives me the creeps like it belongs in some horror movie or something! ... BUT, you've made it look very cute with all the new dp's!!!! (nothing against your card ... I just don't like the stamp set).

Dawn Easton said...

I think you've made it look cute Pam! I didn't order this one, was on the fence about it...haha! Hope your friend likes it though!

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic card, Pam! I'm loving all your peeks at new sets and this Bella Rose paper!!

Juliana said...

This is adorable!!
That paper piecing is just too CUTE!!!

Jamie Tyson said...

He is too cute. The sock monkey reminds me of a childhood toy. I like how you paper pieced him. And the paper is very vintage looking. Great job!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute - Pam - you have made it look wonderful!!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Aaack! I love this, Pam!! Can't wait for mine to come in!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

TOO cute. Love the soft pretty look with this monkey. :0)