Tuesday, October 30, 2007
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. You can see NANCY'S amazing blog HERE.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself (on your blog, we all want to know them).
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 things about myself:
* My closest friends know that I do a weird thing with my aqua pens. As I'm coloring with them the bristles sometimes spread apart on the ends and you know you can't color in small areas this way without getting way outside the lines. How do I fix that? I lick the bristles. So if you see me watercoloring ever so often you will also see my licking the end of the bristles. Yea, weird, I know. They're my brushes, right?
* I like to watch scary movies so this time of year is one of my favorites because that's about all you can find on TV around Halloween.
* I am NOT a morning person. My favorite thing to do is stay up until about 3:00 every night and sleep til 11:00. The problem is that when you have to get up at 6:30 to get an 8-year old ready for school this makes staying up late very tiring. Yes, half the time I do it anyway and then go back to sleep after he goes to school.
* I love dogs. I have 2 beagles that stay in the house with us and they probably get treated better than a lot of people do. Riley is my 6-year old male beagle and is the typical black, red and tan color. Lily is my 4-month old little girl that has stolen our hearts and she is red and white. She can tear up anything in the house faster than you can blink your eyes. Good thing we love her so much.
* You probably already know this but I LOVE to create. To get an idea in my head, put it down on paper (or a stamp) and then to see the final product, well, that's exilirating for me. I don't send out near enough of the cards I make though. I could probably start my own greeting card store.
* I am an only child and I have an only child. Just ask my husband how spoiled we both are. Yes, he spoils us and he is WONDERFUL.
* I had my one and only child when I was 35. It seemed to take forever to get pregnant but God knew when the right time was. Garrett has been the most wonderful thing that has happened to me and my husband. I stayed home with him until he started kindergarten and that was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. I would take nothing for those precious years we got to spend together.
Since so many people have already been tagged I'm only going to tag a couple. They are:
Jody Morrow - Confessions of a Ribbon Addict
Jan Tink - StampsPaperScissors
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
I made this card for a friend to give at a wedding. She wanted a card to match the colors that they are using. I'm not sure if the card is elegant enough. Give me some comments please.
The flowers are embossed with SU Glossy Glaze Enamel and very shiny in real life. I outlined them in gold with my SU Zig Painty pen to match the gold cord on the card. TFL!!
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, All Year Cheer II (retired); Paper: Choc. Chip, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla; Ink: Choc. Chip, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, VersaMark; Accessories: Gold Cord, Gold Brads, Glassy Glaze Enamel, Zig Painty Pen.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Sunday, October 7, 2007
This card is a CASE of this card here. I really loved her card. I have been doing more square cards lately and I like the way they look. I just use my 5 in 1 envelope template from SU to make an envelope to match. The striped paper is from the Apple Cider designer paper out of the Holiday Mini catalog and the dotted Guava is from the designer prints out of the IBC. TFL!!
Stamps: Priceless, All Holidays, All in a Row; Paper: Choc. Chip, Wild Wasabi, White, Apple Cider Designer, Groovy Guava Designer; Ink: Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Choc. Chip, Close to Cocoa; Accessories: Groovy Guava Ribbon, Circle Fire Rhinestone Brad, Punches - 1-3/8", 1-1/4" and 1", Dimensionals.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
I have been wanting to use this word stamp ever since I got the All Holidays set. It's my favorite stamp out of the whole set. I tried to make this card look more vintage than what I am used to making. I sponged Cocoa on the outside of the Sky designer paper and I also sponged Cocoa on the Olive piece with the words. Then I distressed the edges of the piece of Cocoa underneath all the mats. This card also has 8 brads. Too many? Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way the card turned out. TFL!!
Stamps: Priceless, All Holidays, All in a Row; Paper: Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Really Rust, Confetti White, Fall Flowers Designer; Ink: Choc. Chip, Really Rust, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa; Accessories: Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Crafters Tool Kit, Photo Corner Punch.