Sunday, September 2, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #17


This is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #17. You can view it on her blog here. This was a great sketch but I had a hard time getting the inside of the circle completed to my satisfaction. This was actually my 3rd attempt on the circle portion. This card is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". Square cards are not usually my thing but they are growing on me.

I'm still loving the in-colors Groovy Guava and Purely Pomegranate together. They also look great combined with Soft Sky.

I cut the Guava circle out with my Coluzzle and sponged some Guava ink on it. I then used some scalloped scissors to make the scalloped circle on the outside. This was the first time I have used scissors to make a scallop circle. It took a few times practicing on some scrap paper but it ended up being fairly simple.

Thanks for looking.

Stamps: Garden Whimsy, All Holidays, Happy Me Scrappin' Kit; Paper: Groovy Guava, Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, Cutie Pie Designer; Ink: Groovy Guava, Purely Pomegranate, Always Artichoke; Accessories: Circle Rhinestone Brads, Hodgepodge Hardware, Soft Sky Ribbon, Colluzle, Scalloped Scissors, White Gel Pen, Paper Piercer and Mat Pack.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I really like this, Pam. The colors you chose are great.

Anonymous said...

Pam, your card looks wonderful!
Thanks so much for trying out the sketch!
Hugs and smiles

Jill said...

Cute card! Great colors!!